Become a MoAD Docent
MoAD’s Docent program features training on the African Diaspora, related history and contemporary art.
Docents promote the museum’s mission and enrich the visitor’s experience by providing guided tours and a friendly, welcoming face to all visitors. Through training sessions and events, MoAD docents learn how to serve the needs and interests of our diverse visitors.
Expectations of the MoAD docents
- A passion for learning about and discussing the African Diaspora
- A sincere and genuine interest in people of all ages and backgrounds
- An attitude of tolerance and respect for different points of view
- The ability to work and communicate with the public
- A positive, welcoming, and supportive attitude
- Familiarity with MoAD exhibitions and events
- The ability to attend all required training sessions and fulfill allotted monthly time requirements
- Docents commit to at least a six month term of service
- Docents agree to lead at least two tours and participate in at least one training every month
- Docents are encouraged to volunteer at MoAD events and participate in supporting the docent program
MoAD docents are unpaid volunteers. A MoAD individual membership is offered after three months of consecutive service.
Register for Docent training
Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the next Docent training.