Apply for an Internship
Interns are a vital part of MoAD. Our internship program is an entry level opportunity for people interested in preparing for a career in Museum, Diaspora Studies, Education, African/African American Studies scholarship.
Internship projects are developed to meet the real needs of the museum. Internships are performed under the direct supervision of MoAD staff that monitor, evaluate, guide and provide professional development.
- Possess a knowledge of or strong interest in learning about the African Diaspora
- Current enrollment in college/university receiving course credit or financial remuneration (documentation required)
- Experience working within an ethnically diverse environment
- Enjoy a fast-paced structured learning experience
- Work well in a group as well as independently
- Be accustomed to meeting deadlines
- Fall Interns are required to work 10-15 hours per week for six months and spring interns are required to work 10-15 hours per week for four months.
- Summer interns are required to work 21-24 hours per week over a two-month time period.
- Internships are unpaid and may be extended upon the agreement of MoAD staff and the intern.
How to Apply
- Your application should include a resume and cover letter.
- One of MoAD’s objectives is to illustrate how we are all African and the many ways in which humankind is connected to the African Diaspora. A section of your cover letter must describe your connection to the African Diaspora.
- We will contact you with a writing assignment and prospective projects after your resume and cover letter have been submitted and accepted.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and are responsible for securing their own immigration documents. The Museum will not sponsor immigrant visa applications for interns.
- Send internship applications by email to email@example.com.
- Exhibitions Intern
- Marketing Intern
- Graphic Design Intern
- Education Programs Intern
- Public Programs Intern
- Operations Intern
|Application Due||Start of Internship||End of Internship|
|Fall Internships||August 31||September||December|
|Spring Internships||December 14||January||May|
|Summer Internships||May 16||June||August|