Join us in protecting the health of our community. We ask that guests follow these enhanced safety precautions, developed in response to COVID-19.
- If you are feeling ill, take care of yourself, stay home, and we hope you feel better soon. Please reach out to our Visitor Experience Team
to help you reschedule your ticket for an alternative date at no charge.
- Masks are required for all visitors ages 2 and older.
- All visitors must wear a face mask over nose and mouth when inside the Museum.
- Please note that the following are not permitted to be worn instead of a face mask: gaiters, bandanas, scarves, ski masks, balaclavas, or masks with an exhalation valve. Face shields are also not allowed instead of a mask, but may be worn over one.
- All visitors, regardless of age, are required to show proof of full COVID vaccination or of negative test results from a COVID PCR test (taken within 72 hours) for entry into the Museum. “Fully vaccinated” means entry into the Museum is at least 14 days after your final vaccine dose. We ask that you provide your physical vaccination card, a photo or copy of your card, or California’s digital vaccine record. Proof of vaccination is not required for outdoor dining.
- Special events where food or drink is served require all attendees to be fully vaccinated per SFDPH guidelines. Negative test results from a COVID PCR test (taken within 72 hours) are not accepted.
- No food or beverages will be allowed to be consumed in the museum during general admission hours.
- In the interest of creating a positive and safer experience for guests, MoAD has decided to limit capacity throughout the Museum. Maintain social distance. Stay six feet apart from others.
- Follow distancing signage.
- A heightened cleaning regimen has been adopted by the janitorial staff to clean frequently touched items including bathrooms, tables, and countertops. Wash or sanitize your hands frequently. Sanitizer dispensers are located within the Museum.
- Bag and coat check is temporarily closed.
- Backpacks may not be worn on your back; they must be carried by hand (below the waist) or worn on the front of your body at all times.
- Please don’t gather for prolonged periods in one area — People generally spend anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour or more visiting the galleries, depending on the exhibitions.
- Any behavior or activity that disrupts the safe or orderly use of the Museum, or that affects the staff’s ability to provide services, is prohibited.
- Please treat each other and our staff with respect — no profanity and/or engaging in rude, inconsiderate, or abusive behavior. We can all use a little kindness.Visitors not following the COVID-19 Safety protocols will be promptly asked to leave MoAD.COVID-19 Pre-screening Questions:
1. Within the past 10 days, have you been diagnosed with, or tested positive for, COVID-19?
2. Have you had close contact or live in the same household with someone who in the past 14 days has been in isolation for, or tested positive for, COVID-19?
3. Have you had any of the following in the last 24 hours?
- Fever (100.4°F/38°C or greater) or chill
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- FatigueMuscle or body aches
- HeadacheNew loss of taste or smell
- Sore throatCongestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
By entering the building, you acknowledge that you have reviewed and answered “no” to all these questions.
The City of San Francisco requires these questions be posted. Please review them, and if you answer yes to any, return another day. Our Visitor Experience Team can help you reschedule your ticket for an alternative date at no charge.
View the museum’s COVID-19 Safety Guidelines and COVID-19 Prescreening Questions.