Volunteer at MoAD
Get involved with MoAD and become an extension of the arts community!
As one of the few art museums in the world entirely focused on the African diaspora, MoAD allows us to experience art from a global perspective. The Museum welcomes more than one hundred thousand annual visitors and engages with over half a million users online. Volunteers provide vital support in programming, special events, education, administration, outreach, and more.
Additional benefits include:
- Free or reduced admission to the Museum, Events and Programs
- Opportunities to expand your professional network
- 10% discount in the MoAD Store
- Make new friends and become a member of a dynamic community
- Special invitations to Volunteer & Docent excursions and the Volunteer Appreciation Reception
- Increased knowledge and understanding of the African diaspora’s cultural connections
People of all ages and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. To become a volunteer for MoAD, please download and fill out the Volunteer Form.
Submit your application by email to the Volunteer Coordinator at [email protected].
As a MoAD Volunteer, you will join a group of art enthusiasts, educators, philanthropists, neighbors, and friends dedicated to preserving and celebrating the art & culture of the African diaspora.
For any inquiries, please contact [email protected] or call (415)358-7253.
“I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back.”
— Maya Angelou