Exploring MoAD with a group is a fun experience that brings people together around art.
We host In-Person Tours, Virtual Tours and Virtual Art Workshops. Each tour or workshop lasts approximately 50 minutes. Virtual programs are hosted on Zoom. We use a multimedia presentation that is tailored to your group. Please note that because of the popularity of tours and workshops, we may not accommodate all requests.
Our tours and workshops would not be possible without the talent and hard work of our dedicated docents. We would love to hear from you. Please take a moment to let us know what you think after your tour.
Virtual Tour Topics
• The Art and Life of William H. Johnson (1901- 1970)
• Photographs of Black Families in 19th and 20th Century
• Current exhibitions on view at MoAD
Virtual Hands-on Workshop Options
No glue collaging
You do not have to possess any artistic skills to participate in this workshop. We will revisit selected works from our exhibitions, and learn the basics of creating composition, balance, and visual harmony while collaging.
For the workshop, you will need
• Pages from magazines, newspapers, or any print media
• A sheet of paper, any color (8.5” x 11”)
Drawing Workshop: Value of Shades
Learn the basics of pencil shading and blending to explore value in drawing.
For the workshop you will need
• A dull pencil
• Two sheets of plain white paper (8.5” x 11” or larger)
• Optional: Two Q-Tips or cotton swabs
• Optional: Eraser
If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Please allow 3-4 days for a response.
TOUR REQUEST FORM
For in-person tours, we can accommodate groups of a minimum of 10 adults and a maximum of 30 adults.
Group admission is as follows:
In-Person Group Tours
(Minimum of 10 attendees/Maximum of 30 attendees)
• Seniors (65+): $6 per person
• Adults (18 – 64): $12 per person
Virtual Tour / Art Workshop
• Senior group (65+): $100 per group
• Non-profit group: $275 per group
• Corporate group: $400 per group for up to 30 people and $5 per person thereafter
Things to Know
• A deposit, payable by credit or debit card, is required to schedule a tour.
• Tours must be scheduled at least 7 days in advance.
• Cancellations require 48 hours’ notice.
• Deposits paid for a canceled tour will be credited toward a future visit.
• If a cancellation or reschedule is not made 48 hours in advance, the deposit will be forfeited.
The Day of Your In-person Visit
• Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled tour.
• The group leader should check in with Visitor Services at the front desk.
• Browse the museum store or ground floor Salon until your Docent arrives.
• Running late? Call our Tour Manager at (415) 318-7142.
• Please review our Museum Policies and MoAD Health and Safety Plan with your group.
How To Prepare for Your In-Person Visit
• Please do not make transportation arrangements until you have received email confirmation of your desired date.
• Please note that MoAD does not have group lunch facilities.
• If possible, visit MoAD yourself to familiarize yourself with the space and the art
• We kindly request that you pay before your tour. Be aware that we do not refund tickets, so please consider this when purchasing tickets in advance. Additional funds will become a donation to the museum.
We ask that you respect the following guidelines
• To protect the artwork, we do not allow food, drinks, or chew gum in the museum.
• Non-flash photography is permitted except where it’s noted by signage.
• You may draw and sketch in the galleries with a pencil without eraser only.
• Unless invited by a Guide or docent, please do not touch the artwork or exhibition objects.
• Remain behind black floor markers or stanchions. When barriers are not visible, stay at least 18 inches away from exhibition pieces.
• Speak quietly.
During your visit, a member of the MoAD security team may remind you of these rules. Your cooperation will help make the museum a safe, welcoming space, and preserve the art for others to enjoy.