School Group Tours
Extend your classroom curriculum and immerse your students in art with a visit to MoAD.
|SCHEDULE A TOUR|
We can accommodate K-12 school/youth groups of 10-30 people. School groups must bring a minimum of one chaperone per 10 students. Chaperones may be asked to assist and/or support students during the tour.
Groups enjoy discounted admission, as follows:
School Tour Admissions
|School Groups (K-12)||$2 per person|
|School Group Chaperones||$5 per person|
|College Students (with valid school ID)||$4 per person|
Schedule your school tour using our online bookings feature.
Things to Know
- A $25 deposit, payable by credit or debit card, is required to schedule a school tour.
- Tours must be scheduled at least 7 days in advance.
- Cancellations require 48 hours’ notice.
- Deposits paid for a cancelled tour will be credited toward a future visit.
- If a cancellation or reschedule is not made 48 hours in advance, the deposit will be forfeited.
The Day of Your Visit
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled tour.
- Please have students/participants wear name tags.
- The group leader should check in with Visitor Services at the front desk.
- Browse the museum store or ground floor Salon until your Docent arrives.
- Running late? Call our Tour Manager at (415) 318-7151.
- Please review our Museum Policies with your group.
How To Prepare For Your Visit
- Plan ahead for transportation.
- Please note that MoAD does not have group lunch facilities.
- If possible, visit MoAD yourself to familiarize yourself with the space and the art.
- Or explore our online resources, including Exhibitions, Educator Resource Guides, and the Wells Fargo Heritage Center.
- We kindly request that you pay before your tour. Be aware that we do not refund tickets so please consider this when purchasing tickets in advance. Additional funds will become a donation to the museum.
Preparing Tour Chaperones
Chaperones are responsible for the behavior and safety of their students while in the museum. They may also be asked to help students complete interactive materials or activities. Chaperones must accompany their assigned group at all times.
Chaperones are responsible for helping students respect the following rules:
- Do not eat, drink, or chew, gum in the museum.
- You may take photos on the ground floor (MoAD Salon) only.
- You may draw and sketch in the galleries, but must use eraser-less pencils.
- Unless invited by a Guide or Docent, do not touch the artwork or exhibition objects.
- Remain behind black floor markers or stanchions. When barriers are not visible, stay at least 18 inches away from exhibition pieces.
- Speak quietly.
- Walk in the galleries and on the stairs.
|SCHEDULE A TOUR|